Android TV it is one of the most popular SmartTV platforms and it comes in televisions from many brands such as Sony, TCL or Xiaomi. On the other hand, we have the latest Chromecast con Google TV that has the new interface that also allows us to navigate between different apps and shows recommendations.
Both platforms can be controlled via the corresponding remote control, but there are times when Having the support of the mobile as a remote control can come in handy, for example when we want to type something. We tell you how to control your Android TV or your Google TV from your mobile with this app.
13 CHROMECAST TRICKS with GOOGLE TV 2021 to get the WHOLE GAME out of it
The mobile as a remote control with Android TV Remote Control
- Download the app Android TV Remote Control desde Google Play.
- The first time we open it you have to Accept private policy and the conditions of use.
- On the next screen you have to accept permissions microphone, bluetooth and location. Here you can choose if you want to access the location all the time or only when using the app (it is best to choose the first).
- If the mobile is connected to the same WiFi network as your Android TV or Google TV, the device name should appear on the screen. Click on it.
- In the next step you will have to key in the code that appears on the TV screen on your phone and they will link. From here you can control the TV through your mobile.
The remote control app for Android TV is very simple. By default we have the crosshair mode activated, but if we go to the menu on the top left as well we can activate touchpad mode to move around the interface through gestures.
Like the Google TV remote (you can see it in the first photo of this article), there is also a microphone button to activate the assistant. However, the most practical thing about the mobile is that if we are going to look for something we will not have to use the crosshairs to type it and we can use the normal keyboard on the mobile.