Andrew Lincoln, popularized by The Walking Dead as Rick Grimes, joins the cast of the Cabinet of Curiosities of Guillermo del Toro, famous Mexican director (Hellboy and his sequel, Pacific Rim…). A horrific anthology released on Netflix with independent stories. Several other actors are formalized for the film with Andrew Lincoln among which Essie David (Mister Babadook) and Hannah Galway (Sex / Life). Everything will be directed by the director of Mister Babadook from a story written by Guillermo del Toro. The director took it into his head to select several talents for his project, which is described as “a macabre mix of benchmark horror films (…) a collection of untold stories defining the genre and shaking up traditional notions of horror”.
Netflix promises “from sinister to magic, from gothic to grotesque to frightening.” The Cabinet of Curiosities will offer 8 films.
The complete list of films making up this horror anthology is now known.
Read also: Netflix: the 10 films and series you should not miss this week
8 stories selected by Guillermo del Toro himself
Guillermo del Toro turns to Netflix for his new project. And 8 films will be offered to subscribers of the famous streaming platform (not counting the one with Andrew Lincoln mentioned above):
- F. Murray Abraham and Luke Roberts in the film written by David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight) based on a short story by Michael Shea and directed by David Prior (the very good The Empty Man on Disney!).
- Tim Blade Nelson, Elpidia Carrillo, Demetrius Grosse and Sebastian Roché in the film written by Regina Corrado based on a story by Guillermo del Toro and directed by Guillermo Navarro (Narcos).
- Crispin Glover and Ben Barnes in the film written by Lee Patterson based on a short story by HP Lovecraft and directed by Keith Thomas (Firestarter).
- Peter Weller in the film directed by Panos Cosmatos (Mandy) and co-written with Aaron Stewart-Ahn.
- Mika Watkins in the film based on a short story by HP Lovecraft directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight). The rest of the casting will be announced later.
- David Hewlett in the film based on a short story by Henry Kuttner and directed by Vincenzo Natali (Cube).
- Haley Z. Boston in the film based on a short story by Emily Carroll and directed by Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night). The rest of the casting will be announced later.
Release scheduled for 2022.