Patrick Poivre d’Arvor targeted by two new complaints, for rape and sexual assault

The former star of TF1’s “8 p.m.”, Patrick Poivre d’Arvor, is the target of two new complaints, for rape and for sexual assault, announced to Agence France-Presse (AFP) on Friday, December 10, l lawyer for the two plaintiffs, confirming information from TF1.

According to lawyer Laure Heinich, the rape complaint was filed Thursday: a woman accuses PPDA of having raped her in a room during the Cannes Film Festival in 1985 when she was in her twenties. The other complaint, for sexual assault, was filed Tuesday: a woman accuses the ex-presenter of having forcibly kissed her in a Club Med in Valmorel, in Savoie, in 2013, when she was 23 years old.

Read also “Le Monde responds” – Regarding the charges against Patrick Poivre d’Arvor

Complaints denounce prescribed facts. These women “File a complaint in solidarity with others” having testified against Patrick Poivre d’Arvor “So as not to let it be said that they are” liars “”, explained Mme Heinich told AFP that the two new accusers did not know each other. At the time, they had not filed a complaint “Because of the stature of the aggressor, whom they imagined protected”, added the lawyer.

When contacted, PPDA’s lawyer, Jacqueline Laffont, did not respond to AFP’s requests.

Read also Journalist Hélène Devynck, about Patrick Poivre d’Arvor: “What weight does the word of an unknown young woman have, in the face of the capricious star? ”

Twenty-three women testified

Writer, journalist, former star presenter of the most watched television news in France, Patrick Poivre d’Arvor was accused in February of rape by the writer Florence Porcel, who had lodged a complaint. She accuses him of having forced him to have sex in 2004 and fellatio in 2009. Since then, more than twenty women have testified against the former presenter, who disputes all the accusations.

Following the complaint of Mme Porcel, an investigation was conducted by the Nanterre prosecutor’s office, during which twenty-three women testified, nine of whom chose to file a complaint for rape, sexual assault or sexual harassment. At the end of June, this preliminary investigation was dismissed by the prosecution, the majority of the charges being time-barred.

Read also Article reserved for our subscribers Patrick Poivre d’Arvor case: 23 testimonies, 8 complaints and a classification without follow-up

But, in November, Mme Porcel became a civil party in order to bring about a referral to a judge to re-investigate the facts of which it accuses Patrick Poivre d’Arvor. These, not prescribed, had been dismissed for “Insufficient evidence”.

This procedure almost systematically leads to the opening of a new investigation entrusted to an examining magistrate, subject to the payment of a deposit. For the moment, this complaint from Mme Porcel is still at the consignment stage.

An association, called “MeTooMedias”, launched by accusers of PPDA, was created to break the omerta in the French media.

Read also Florence Porcel speaks for the first time since her complaint against Patrick Poivre d’Arvor: “I want him to answer for his actions before an assize court”

The World with AFP